In finance and accounting, MM (or lowercase “mm”) denotes that the units of figures presented are in millions. Thus, MM is the same as writing “M multiplied by M,” which is equal to “1,000 times 1,000”, which equals 1,000,000 . This guide will explore how the notation should be used, as well as alternative symbols that are used in practice. Needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding. The income statement, or profit and loss statement, compiles the revenue and expenses during a certain period.
The various definitions, examples, and related terms listed above have been written and compiled by the Slang.net team. The Structured Query Language comprises several different data types that allow it to store different types of information… Unfortunately, there isn’t a consistent approach to labeling units. The least ambiguous approach is to simply write them out in words, such as “$ thousands.” This is CFI’s recommended method, to avoid any potential confusion. Professionalleadershipinstitute.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.
Other definitions for mm (4 of
Some companies use K to represent a thousand, M for a million and B for a billion. Whichever abbreviation is used, be sure that it’s used clearly and consistently. A unit of length in the metric system equal to 0.001 meter. This shows grade level based on the what does mm mean word’s complexity. For more than one individual to masturbate whilst in the company of another/others doing the same. MM is an abbreviation of the words mutual masturbation. Friday Night Funkin’ players use the acronym MM to refer to antagonist Mommy Mearest.
- Possible MM meaning as an acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term vary from category to category.
- When an analyst must present various different types of units, it is recommended to add a “units” column so that each item contains a label for easy reference.
- Network functions virtualization is a network architecture model designed to virtualize network services that have …
- The income statement, or profit and loss statement, compiles the revenue and expenses during a certain period.
- Here’s why you’re confused and what to do about it.
- The least ambiguous approach is to simply write them out in words, such as “$ thousands.” This is CFI’s recommended method, to avoid any potential confusion.
Darrel has over 30 years of proven success and is skilled in developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive superior business results. Agents will also commonly see us communicate M as thousands when we quote surety rates or agent commissions. For example, the standard Class B rate starts at $25/M for the first $100M; then $15/M for the next $400M; then $10/M for the next $2MM. Those rates are expressed per thousand and the MM denotes millions. Likewise, we may quote you a single and aggregate contractor line of authority. That line may be expressed, for instance, as $5MM single and $15MM aggregate. I know I have seen jobs posted that pay $50K, and K is meant to stand in for a thousand.
You will most likely see it accompanying an image on a social site where people share memories. Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. Social media recruitment is the use of social media https://www.bookstime.com/ platforms to identify, engage and vet people the … The centimeter is a unit of displacement in the cgs (centimeter/gram/second) system of units. The cm is equivalent to 0.01 meter, and there are about 2.54 centimeters in one linear inch.
- That line may be expressed, for instance, as $5MM single and $15MM aggregate.
- A company should have a detailed record of how it spends its money daily, so it can go back and compare results to see if there has an impact on the current financial state of the company.
- Below, this article will focus on the most popular representation, that phrase’s meaning, and other meanings that exist as well.
- The centimeter is a unit of displacement in the cgs (centimeter/gram/second) system of units.
When an analyst must present various different types of units, it is recommended to add a “units” column so that each item contains a label for easy reference. While the fields of accounting, banking, and finance have adopted the Roman tradition, other fields such as computer programming and the high-tech industry have adopted Greek-influenced abbreviations.
Medical definitions for mm
M means a thousand, so MM is the sum if you multiply M by M, or 1,000 multiplied by itself equals 1,000,000. Level and beyond, the limits of its use will be defined more by our creativity and the legal or ethical bounds we set than by the performance of the technology itself.
What does 🍃 mean from a girl?
— Used to express drunkenness, sexual arousal, or a grimace.
The final report shows how well you can turn a profit and manage costs to earn your desired financial result for your business. To find if you made a profit or experienced losses, subtract the expenses from your revenue. The use of two m’s to denote millions is becoming less common. Frequently, in finance and accounting settings now, an analyst will use k to denote thousands and a capitalized M to denote millions. In this example, we intentionally chose a piece of analysis that contained various different units, such as dollars and shares.
An acronym sometimes used on Twitter when referencing a song or music that you think others should listen to. Use the citation options below to add these abbreviations to your bibliography. Harold Averkamp has worked as a university accounting instructor, accountant, and consultant for more than 25 years.